You know it’s true. Selling a home is stressful.
If you’ve ever tried to sell a house before, you’ll be very familiar with all the stresses and pressures that come along with the process. They’re really too plentiful to list.
One of the things that is a particular thorn in a seller’s side is the thought of inspections and the constant fear that something might be wrong with the house.
To assuage those fears, sellers need a pre-listing inspection. These types of inspections are simply the smart move for any prospective seller. Why? They help you to find (and repair) flaws in the home that would otherwise cause problems when you tried to sell.
Some items that might be included on a pre-listing inspection checklist are the following:
- No stains or significant cracks on ceilings, floors, and walls
- No evidence of decay or structure damage
- Foundation in good condition
- No standing water in evidence
- No leaks in pipes under sinks
- Sufficient water flow from sinks and showers
- Proper drainage in sinks and showers
- Smoke and CO2 detectors in working order if required
- No signs of rust on the water heater
- Visible wiring is in appropriate condition
This is by no means a comprehensive list but it gives you an idea of the kinds of things an inspector might be looking for in your home during one of these inspections. One good thing is that they’re generally more affordable than regular inspections.
For homeowners interested in selling their homes who are located in the North and West DFW/Mid Cities, there are plenty of options for pre-listing inspections.
DragonFly Home Inspections is a home inspection company that specializes in providing professional residential home inspections, pre-listing inspections, thermal imaging services, single component or follow-up inspections, and more.